Friday, June 10, 2016

New Area New People Choose to Be Happy

So where do i start its been quite the week! New area New people new languages new places! Awh man its been fun and hard too! But what else is new haha! Alright so my new area here is amazing more jungle and forest than back in Vigan. There are goods and bads to it but as members of the Church we've got to learn to always look for the opportunities in our opposition! That's the enduring well part of our journey :) I think the most important thing in life is to look for the good and then act on it! "its like that" or in tagalog "ganyan" haha Sister Bulatao says that all the time when shes trying to speak english to me its hilarious! She is a mother in our ward (Yes I am in a ward now:) She feeds us lunch every Saturday! The ward is so so sweet and were so welcoming and loving on Sunday! Then they had me speak haha!  We don't have a bishop so that's a little unusual but their calling one yata!

San Lorenzo really is so great :)! I Love it here! The people are so sweet and my companion is the greatest! Sister Padillo reminds me of aunt cari a lot she eats so slow and barely anything haha shes so tiny and adorable and so hilarious! I love her! I cant believe how blessed ive been! I know my father in heaven is so aware and leading me every step of the way here! 

Sister Padillo has helped me so much this week with the language its amazing how much you learn when your comp is Pinoy! Its like language study 24/7 ,  its the best :)! She knows English well though and also ilocano and visayas her native language in Cebu! We have had a great week and are the pinakamagkasundo haha! Its been hard with tagalog but really it was me stressing myself out about it and not remembering to forget myself and 
go to work, di ba? That changes everything its amazing! Sister padillo was so sweet and has helped me so much! 

I really love this new area and dad your going to freak out when you see our house, its a mansion! I am so blessed some times i forget im in the philippines its a beautiful area here! 

This week i tried some coagulated blood cubes and intestines, BBQ!  you knowe the usual road side bbq foods oh and they have chicken heads everywhere we will see if i get brave enough haha! 

Love you all have the best week yet! :)))

Ill leave you with these great quotes from Pres Trask at the Manila MTC:

"We don't have to be perfect today. We don't have to be better than someone else. All we have to do is to be the very best we can." --- Joseph  B. Wirthlin

Choose to be Happy.
"So much in life depends on our attitude. The way we choose to see things and respond to others makes all the difference. To do the best we can and then to choose to be happy about our circumstances, what ever they may be, can bring peace and contentment. ...We can't direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails. For maximum happiness, peace, and contentment, may we choose a positive attitude."  --- President Thomas S. Monson. 

1. our huge house crazy
2. at a members house the kids were going crazy for pictures haha
3. in the bathroom haha good experiences in the CR



No comments:

Post a Comment